Monday, December 20, 2010

Permanent job hunting stories, July-November

Have not been updating my blog since m bek frm HK. Even blog on HK trip isnt completed. Havent met WoonMei yet for the photos.

Jz2 share on my working stuffs in this period of July-Dec2010.

I was OFFICIALLY graduated in August.
It is December now, yet, m still a freelancer.

It is a tempting job. Not on money side, but the experiences, and friendships, and lots of fun u got .. Thou on average, still earning bit more den permanent job, even counting in EPF n etc etc stuffs..

It is a wrong thing if u said i never put an effort of looking 4 a permanent job..
Initially, i wanted to start work after i graduated officially (which is afta my HK trip too). Cz of my stuborness, i dun agree to that, a newbies in a company to take 1 week leave for a planned trip. Hey, if u r so rushed to gt a permanent job, 4gt ur trip den..

I started to try getting a permanent job since d month of July, when i was in F&N Seasons Jasmine GreenTea Roving job. I gt a call frm Synovate, a global market research company in one morning. Its convenience working location (Mid Valley) attracted me. They even arranged interview schedule according to my time. I passed the 1st n went on to 2nd interview, then i failed. ChingShuan who get into work in Synovate in another dept told me tht my dept gt a new person in later on, n he worked in Synovate before. Guess it is d reason m nt being selected.
Since than, i lost the iterest of looking for jobs in market research industry, thou d job scope is exactly same as what i ddi for my FYP.

There was no news on permanent job, till i bek frm HK. I was still in HK mood, when i gt d call frm an head hunter company which HQ was in HK. It delighted me, when i noe, the HR was calling frm HK. Was so happy till day dreamt tht i may b sent to HK for training. Loll.. n d 1st interview failed. I remembered telling d interviewer tht i dun prefer ofiz job, n she told me 1st 9 months of probation, is surely on ofiz job ny. Since den, no calling frm them.

I did sum other jobs in between. Sampling, Usher, Flyer gal..
And then i accepted to cont for F&N Seasons Roving Team. This project was named Chillax, and involving 1 Alphard, 4 promoters, n outstation too.

So, on d nxt interview, which was with UOB bank for sum tele-customer post, i told them i can onli starting d job in November. Stupid job agency who tell me no prob and ask me to go for that interview. A waste of time, as i was declined, once they noe i can onli b starting d job in November cz they nid ppl in urgent
(and interview was afta i spent my time filling up forms n assesements...)

Then i went Maybank for an interview, for a position of Analyst. Gosh, it tested me on my knowledge in Statistics. But, i 4gt them. I 4gt the stats courses i took. I 4gt the stats thingy i learn. Honestly, i did no homework b4 i go. I jz din xpect will b asked these Q.. Ohhhh, my fault. n they oso nid ppl to fill the position urgently, n cnt wait for mr till November. N ofc, i failed again.

I finally got hired afta d interview with KianJoo Can Factory, KJCF. It is a public listed company, n working location is just 10 minutes from my house, n never jam in that road unless accident. Bt inn d end, i rejected it. N cont freelancing...
KJCF Interview Experience: http://philos-littleworm.blogspot.com/2010/12/kjcf-interview-experience.html

I am a nasty candidates.. loll...
I wan gud pay, i wan gud benefit. i dun wan 6 days job unless a nice nice pay..
N my nastiness in permanent job finding is due to my confidence to myself regarding my good profile (not to say vry good, bt m satisfied), n partly that i gt jobs backing-up ~

No comments: